NRL GAMES....SEASON 2024......Your Thoughts, page-186

1. 1,198 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3377
    No doubt the Penrith pack is close to perfect but there is still a long way to go. Injuries will play a part and they've lost Taylan May, who had proven a great replacement for Critta.

As much as Tyson Gamble was condemned for saying it, the Broncos fortunes ride largely on the shoulders of Adam Reynolds. Every player grows an extra leg when Reynolds is directing them.

I appreciate the Competition is very even but the best form for NRL winners is having run 2nd the previous year. Personally, I have no doubt the Broncos will come home like Bernborough in the final rounds.

Notably, the only game the Broncos will play outside Qld from here til the semis, is one game in Newcastle.

The Broncos are 2 points out of the 8 and they have a better "for and against" than the 4 teams which are 2 points above them.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6302/6302556-dd1f3fd6c08ba0c1779f4c6655508592.jpg

Round 19 - H Dragons
    Round 20 - A Knights
    Round 21 - H Bulldogs
    Round 22 - A Titans
    Round 23 - A Cowboys
    Round 24 - Bye
    Round 25 - H Eels
    Round 26 - A Dolphins
    Round 27 - H Storm (the Storm are guaranteed a top 4 spot and Bellamy will rest all his top string players in the last round before the semis).

One game against the Storm. No Panthers, Sharks, Roosters or Warriors in the run up to the Semis.

The $1.60 about the Broncos to make the final 8 is money for jam .

The $6.50 just to make the GF looks sweet too, although I reckon if they get there, they'll be very, very, VERY hard to beat.

The loss of Kurt Capewell, Flegler and Herbie Farnsworth were significant. Capewell was one of the best back rowers in the Comp when with the Panthers and Broncos but his form has slipped with the Warriors. Perhaps injuries.

I'm impressed with Kobe Herrington. He excelled in the final series last year IMHO. I'm also impressed with Deine Mariner, one of the NRLs most improved players. Poor old Selwyn Cobbo reminds me of Donkey Kong. He's wasted in the centres, much like Roger T-S at the Warriors. Mariner has the speed (and acceleration) to play centre. I'm also waiting for Piakura to step up. He's shown in the past he has the potential/ability.

I also expect the Warriors to finish off the season with a wet sail. Perhaps they just need to geld AFB to keep his mind on the job? Similarly, Pat Carrigan should get a haircut ... or the snip itself.

The $4.00 about the Warriors to make the final 8 looks most enticing too. Their run in looks good too.

The Broncos need to win half their remaining games and one game is a bye. Can the Broncos win 4 of their last 7 games? Adam Reynolds is scheduled to return in Round 22.

Full disclosure:
    I support Parramatta, NSW and Australia.
    Go the Blues!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.