I actually watched the game. The Panthers roasted them. The...

1. 1,189 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3367

I actually watched the game. The Panthers roasted them. The final score flattered the Chooks.

The only reason the Chooks were attacking the Panthers line leading up to the disallowed try, was because a penalty was given against the Panthers when they had the ball.

The Panthers were still coming back on side after a Chooks long kick. A Panthers player checked himself so he didn't interfere with play. Seeing it, a Chooks player cynically ran into the Panthers player and flopped quicker than a soccer player. It was ridiculous.

Gee is easily the best Ref in the Comp but this was his worst ever game.

Notice too that it was another Chooks player who flopped when the disallowed try was scored. Did Manu even ground the ball properly?

It almost seemed like cynical refereeing by the video Ref. Tooth for a Tooth. Two bad decisions but they canceled each other out.

It comes down to materiality. Is an advantage gained?

Watching the Parra/Manly game last week, there is little doubt Luca Moretti gaming that penalty for 2 points was a bit cynical. Should've been play on, nothing to see here. HOWEVER, the second incident was cynical refereeing.

Manly scored but it was disallowed because Moretti got supposedly blocked. It did enable the gap to open that led to the disallowed try, HOWEVER the pass afterward was blatantly forward. I was waiting for the on field referee to disallow it but he didn't.

It should never have been allowed and the video refs knew it. While the Moretti incident was 50/50 cynical and 50/50 let it go, the bias had to swing due to the missed forward pass after.

Tooth for a Tooth again.

I hate to see players flop in the toughest game in the world.

I feel the same about this downtown penalty. Unless there is a MATERIAL advantage gained, then it should be play on.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.