NST 0.83% $13.34 northern star resources ltd

Preaching to the choir but let me preach some more...Personally...

1. 6,134 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2845
    Preaching to the choir but let me preach some more...

Personally I look at it this way. Most people think that there are only 2 certainties in life - Death and Taxes. If you truly know how the world works and want to thrive in life in general then you need to understand that there are 3, Debasement.

Human kind have been debasing currency since it was invented in Kingdom of Lydia 600 BC. Debasement is included by design. Debasement started in way that those in power gave you the same weight in the coin with Cu or other impurities imbued. Then later they didn't even try to hide the fact. It was so well known that "Coin clipping" was done by authorities on Tax Collected coins so they could use the clippings to mint new coins.

These days it is done with an "Inflation target set at around 2% to 3%" and definitely a more dishonest way of doing it. The diversionary tactic of calling it Inflation puts the onus on the goods increasing in price, instead of putting the blame on the money losing in value and purchasing power. You toil, putting in in your talent, blood, sweat, tears... Yes you get paid in return and anything surplus to your current needs is then stolen 2-3% every year.

We are all subject to this debasement not just NST and the gold miners in that article. The silver lining to this system is that you can get ahead:
    1. If you can grow your intrinsic wealth more than the "2-3% pa" debasement target then you generally are ahead. The key word here is intrinsic. Property, land, bullion, art, antiques, vintage cars and fractions of a good business. There are plenty out there to choose from. I have a collection of vintage electric guitars, valve amplifiers and guitar pedal I bought 25 years ago that are worth more than my wildest imagination today.
    2. Now for the fun part. Sometimes in setting that "2-3% pa" debasement target those in power mess up and they mess up badly! These are moments of incredible wealth transfer like you would not believe. Warren B put it simply... "When the tide goes we get to see who's swimming naked." These bare bodies who over extended themselves will be forced into a fire sale. All you have to do is buy.

That's my play to get ahead in life using a flawed system to do it. I will be doing it until the day comes for me on the first certainty. However let a add a further word to the wise here because not everything in life is about wealth but everything is about family. No investment is worth your relationship with your wife, kids, parents, close friends and the ones you love... After this week. I've done all my selling in May and I'm going away to somewhere warm and tropical away from this Canberra winter. For a few weeks! Enjoy all and keep safe. I doubt I will be posting anything during that period.

Last edited by Exised: 30/05/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.34
Change
0.110(0.83%)
Mkt cap ! $15.33B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.38 $13.45 $13.22 $32.92M 2.474M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 17664 $13.33

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.34 10952 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.