NST 1.86% $13.71 northern star resources ltd

Hi again Taxed,To be honest my trading has been trial & error...

1. 974 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Hi again Taxed,

To be honest my trading has been trial & error ever since the Tech share boom
    in 1999 which was easy and a lot of fast money to be made etc.

I stopped then started again in 2015 and due to over confidence , greed , lack of trading
    education etc lost money till 2019.( I was playing around with CFD'S and shares buying and also shorting
    stocks - doing up to 80 -100 trades per year.

Over trading led to fear of having my account wiped out in a correction which led to selling out positions
    at a loss that would have eventually turned into winners (within months not years ) excessive brokerage and
    interest fees wiping out any profits etc.

2020 till now has been better , I am trading much less now but holding positions longer.

My biggest problem was I was always looking to get profits out of the market on a monthly basis, I felt
    like I had to take one wining trade per month off to feel successful.
    Because of this my profits were usually small and I was taking profits to early.

So now , I am looking at my charts on the 3 year period and taking two trades , one is a long term trend
    following trade and the other is a swing trade that should correspond to buying on the bottom long term
    trend line and selling when near the top long term trend line.

I do scale in if the price drops lower but only on good quality stocks ( no high risk )

By placing two or more trades on one stock I found I could still take good profits while leaving other
    trades on to maximize profits if it ran much higher ( think APT ! )

Just my 2 cents worth , be happy to hear about other traders journeys ....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.71
Change
0.250(1.86%)
Mkt cap ! $15.75B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.76 $13.82 $13.57 $108.5M 7.907M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 110631 $13.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.71 48528 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.