NST 3.15% $13.84 northern star resources ltd

This, my first comment on NST, is intended to be helpful and...

1. 7 Posts.
    This, my first comment on NST, is intended to be helpful and perhaps augment the insights offered by all contributing Hotcoppers. The following things I think I know from 48 years in TA, 29 of them in daily work.
    TA is the ONLY approach but it needs to be done well and with some degree of originality. There are scores of indicators that can be ignored safely. That does not mean TA is always right, or is not subject to revision based on the latest information. At least TA latest information, unlike FA, is updated every minute of every trading hour. TA informs about what is normal behaviour as to future times and prices at which the odds are in your favour. FA presumes perfect knowledge which even company managers cannot be relied upon to possess. I remember, et al, indelibly how useless FA was when BHP was held to be a widows' and orphans' stock at $15 en-route infallibly to $50. Its status didn't take long to revert to "friendless” at $5. Even when FA gets it right, it knows neither when to stop buying nor start buying. FA is the chariot of the herd and it lacks both brakes and steering. FA also has a heavily bullish bias for obvious reasons. Having said all that, I like to access available FA then have TA adjudicate. FA unconfirmed by TA is pure poison.
    This helps to explain why I didn't buy NST on Friday. TA said it was extraordinarily weak in its own right and was underperforming stocks I knew to be weaker, especially OGC. TA said, for the first time that day, that NST could reasonably be bought intra-day approaching $4.70 but its unexplained unique weakness screamed there was a fundamental or algorithmic problem about which I didn't even have a clue. The game is hard enough without winging a trade so I don't do it. If NST is up on Monday I will feel no embarrassment. I had before last selling NST, held it from 0.20 for technical reasons and am now looking to buy back. I'll stick my neck out and say that gold price projections, not NST projections, lead me to expect $10.00 NST before $3.50, maybe even $4.00. Whether or not that proves to be nonsense is unimportant. The market is a series of Buy and Sell signals wherever it goes to. If you can pick those and have the discipline to act, the destination and knowing far in advance what it is, are irrelevant. One’s play-pen needs to be a volatile and liquid market, linked preferably to a driver, precious metals market in the case of NST. NST ticks all the boxes and it has, to boot, brilliant management. None of this means however that I would ignore a TA sell signal of significance, and have done so a dozen times.
    There is much one could volunteer on the vexing subject of our corrupt financial system and criminally manipulated markets but those are tales for other days.
    If you have Googled or read Flash Boys ” authored by Michael Lewis, you may have become aware of his view that in the guise of competition, we have Chi-X locally and World- wide, for the sole purpose of enabling the flash traders to arbitrage and front-run everybody’s orders and skim every trader and investor, including your Super fund, all day, every day.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.84
Change
-0.450(3.15%)
Mkt cap ! $15.90B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.81 $14.08 $13.70 $94.67M 6.832M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 27402 $13.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.85 1067 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.