"but they can take away school assistance/ child care for...

1. 42,250 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    "but they can take away school assistance/ child care for unvaccinated children?". ........ the Gov recognises no ethical standards and will do whatever they want.

"Hows it moral and ethical for example that if I was say 80 years old and vaccinated and needed assistance for COVID and died waiting because some 20 year old was using a ventilator that I needed, purely because they were unvaccinated? " Medical ethics doesn't take into account whether one is vaccinated. that's the purpose of public health.

its ethical to encourage all the population to be protected against the infection. the debate we're having here isn't about ethics but about a different issue of personal freedoms. this is more a moral issue than ethical and morality has no shades of grey and yet is different on an individual level. this is why I abhor morality.

the ethics of leaving a 20 yr old on ventilation while an 80 yr old waits for the ventilator to become available doesn't judge the 20 yr old because there are many on ventilation, not just the 20 yr old. the balance of the argument comes from the utilitarian pov that the younger person has more to contribute to the common weal than the 80 yr old who has (a greater probability of) a much shorter time remaining to contribute to society.

much more t6o it but this isn';t the place for a full blown ethical argument to be developed.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.