Elliott has just called the protestors “selfish boofheads”? I...

1. 33,597 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 882
    Elliott has just called the protestors “selfish boofheads”? I reckon from the footage that I have seen that the NSW Police response to the protest was widely disproportionate and that the NSW Police were the ones acting like “selfish boofheads”.

NSW Police are supposed to uphold the law despite provocations. There seemed like self defense from the footage I saw.

If the NYPD a did that, there would be mass sackings and Court cases in respect of police brutality.

Not many defense attorneys could defend that stuff from NSW Police.

i do not think the Sydney population will be too supportive of police brutality in the present circumstance but I could be wrong.

I think the NSW Government started coming undone today, it has looked a bit dicey for a while ever since Anna Minns” Wake Up Chris got the leadership from the previous hapless Opposition.

But now Gladys and Elliott look like they have lost control.

They got around Ruby Princess, but the footage of NSW Police throwing protestors into flower patches and disproportionately meting out mob responses looks very bad for NSW Government, And Gladys in the middle of a long lockdown, people could turn against them en mass.

NSW Police need the leash put back on them, today’s footage was a ridiculous overreaction but out of control police acting like a bunch of boofheads.
    Last edited by JCoure: 24/07/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.