DTE 0.00% 13.0¢ dart energy limited

nsw csg back on!

1. TBE
    3,734 Posts.
    ripped from the other thread. Needs one of its own.
    Such a significant move!

Macfarlane says CSG has 'transformed' Qld farm fortunes

By Babs McHugh
    Posted 4 hours 3 minutes ago

Photo: A Senate committee has been hearing evidence this week about the impact of CSG extraction in southern Queensland. (Supplied - file photo)
    Related Story: Industry Minister dismisses coal seam gas protests
    The new Federal Industry Minister claims the coal seam gas industry has transformed the fortunes of farmers in his home state of Queensland.

And Ian MacFarlane wants farmers in other states to follow that lead.

Mr MacFarlane says 4,000 farmers in Queensland have signed access deals with CSG and exploration companies and are 'making millions of dollars'.

"Yes, there are some farmers still in Queensland who are opposed to gas on their properties, but in reality they are now a small minority compared to the thousands of farmers who've signed up to have gas developed on their properties.

"I am keen to see changes made to regional Queensland and New South Wales.

"The thing that's made the greatest change to the economic situation in Western Queensland in my whole life, in my 58 years, has been the development of the CSG industry.

"It's bringing sons and daughters back to the farms because there's economic security.

"It's bringing them back also as professionals in the gas industry. They're living in the districts they grew up in, bringing their children back, repopulating the schools.

"As someone who's passionate about regional Australia, I would be crazy not to to be trying to help that along."

Topics: mining-rural, oil-and-gas, rural, mining-environmental-issues, bowen-4805

and more...
    Macfarlane pushes CSG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DTE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.