NSW in terrible strife 643 Covid cases WED 18 Aug, page-131

1. 24,059 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

"....if I don't make it keep my body alive until the twins are old enough to be delivered...."

"....She remained sedated and on a ventilator for 10 days..."

There is no easy choice, but a choice needs to be made, and everyone should weigh up their own risk/reward ratio.

Pregnant mum's COVID-19 nightmare ends with healthy twins, but she fears others won't be so lucky

Kaillee Dyke was 25 weeks pregnant with twins when COVID-19 left her gasping for every breath.

With her condition deteriorating Ms Dyke's doctor called an ambulance.

On the phone to her partner Chris Lassig she tried to hide her terror.

"I said to him, if I don't make it keep my body alive until the twins are old enough to be delivered," she said.

She remained sedated and on a ventilator for 10 days, while Mr Lassig was forced to stay at home reliant on telehealth updates.

When she was told the twins were still alive she was extremely relieved, but knew they weren't out of the woods yet.

Nine weeks later, on September 7th last year, Ms Dyke's twins were delivered by emergency caesarean section.

The young boy and girl spent their first month in hospital and Ms Dyke's recovery was difficult, but now the couple are delighted to be caring for two "beautiful perfect babies".

While pregnant women don't appear to be at increased risk of contracting COVID-19, current evidence suggests they are more likely to experience severe illness or pregnancy complications.

....the risk of severe outcomes from COVID-19 is significantly higher for pregnant women and their unborn baby,..

Despite now being eligible for Pfizer, pregnant women have told the ABC a delay in updating the online eligibility checker and a shortage of mRNA vaccines means many have struggled to get an appointment before their due date.

Read more:-
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-12/mums-covid-warning-for-pregnant-women/100369034

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.