Yes, meeting half-way would be ideal rather than have the...

1. 461 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    Yes, meeting half-way would be ideal rather than have the corporations or government do all the lifting, hence my comment that it would be an improvement.

"so if you want people to just 'care about the environment within the scope of their abilities' ------------ believe me - what their abilities include is to not vote for such idiocy as - a 'no policy' party"
    Which demonstrates exactly what I pointed out - that people will blame the government before looking at their own behaviour.

"isn't that clear enough for you yet?"
    It is quite clear, which is alluded to by my statement commencing with the word "alas".

We have to unfortunately continue in the wrong direction because people are now entrenched in the idea that the only way forward is to have the government force them and corporations to comply. They desire a nanny state, and wanting otherwise is too much for the people to understand or to accept, considering how effective the propaganda has been to implant a defensive response when they are presented with an idea that is out of the box.

The idea I propose has not been tried.
    Firstly, the Liberal Party had policies, whether they were any good or not.
    Secondly, they would never dare to take my approach because it is highly contrarian to the status quo.

"it would do nothing or little"
    It would only be as good as the people. If the people remain wasteful, continuing to "feed the pig", then that is all they will get, a mess.
    However, if people educated themselves on how to be environmentally responsible and were disciplined at it, then it would flow into our institutions, either by consumer demand or via the eventual replacement of the old guard.

The reality is, we can all be reducing our wastefulness right now without the government's intervention.
    Perhaps rather than wasting time on cat videos, people should be researching how to improve themselves in these areas.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.