AIR 0.00% 60.0¢ astivita limited

Hightrax,Sorry to contradict, but if a windfarm has an...

1. 330 Posts.
    Hightrax,

Sorry to contradict, but if a windfarm has an associated gas turbine then the energy the turbine produces is priced in market and in contract entirely differently to that produced by the wind turbines.

In addition, the gas turbine earns no VEEC's REC's or NGAC's, tho it may earn Qld GEC's. But, again, wind turbines earn no GEC's.

(My spell checker is going nuts at the TLA's.)

The wind turbines will generally earn contracted energy rates with it's offtaker, with the rates being negotiated at the time of financial close, and lasting for 5 or 10 yrs. The gas turbine could be recontacting its energy each year after an initial 5? yr to get it off the ground.

AIR's product are very different. Being small, they earn REC's based on a number of forward years (usually 7, but I am a little out of touch) estimated output, estimated by the State Gov't Energy Bureaucracies and published in tables.This is a bureaucratic convenience to simplify and amplify the subsidy.

http://www.green-bank.com.au/calculating-recs uses just these tables to estimate the REC's earned.

The actual output is irrelevant.

f111

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AIR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.