AEV 0.00% 0.4¢ avenira limited

nt government media release

1. 984 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    Kon Vatskalis
    MINISTER FOR RESOURCES

25 February 2011
    NT Government Welcomes Wonarah Phosphate Project
    Resources Minister Kon Vatskalis and Member for Barkly Gerry McCarthy have welcomed today?s signing between Minemakers, the Central Land Council and the Arruwurra Aboriginal Corporation of an agreement to support the development of the Wonarah Phosphate Project.

Mr Vatskalis said this was an important step towards the development of the mine and would create significant job and business opportunities, particularly for the Barkly region.

?The agreement, signed by Minemakers, the Central Land Council and Traditional Owners, covers everything from rents and royalties to providing Indigenous employment and training opportunities,? Mr Vatskalis said.

?The Wonarah site, located 260km east of Tennant Creek, is the largest undeveloped rock phosphate deposit in Australia, and will be a significant contributor to the Territory economy over the next three decades.

?Phosphate is a critical ingredient in agricultural fertiliser and has in the past been largely sourced from Morocco.?

The project is expected to include: a beneficiation plant, which will separate the phosphate from sand and clay; a 260km rail link from Wonarah to Tennant Creek; a gas pipeline to the mine site; storage facilities at Darwin Port; and a fertiliser plant at Wonarah or near Darwin.

?This signing marks the beginning of a bright future for Minemakers, the Traditional Owners and the people of the Barkly region,? Mr Vatskalissaid.

Mr Vatskalis said that the project had also benefited directly from the Chinese Investment Strategy with the Company signing an MOU with Verte to secure potential investors.

Mr McCarthy said today?s milestone signing marked the beginning of a new social and economic chapter for the region.

?The Barkly region has a rich history of strongly contributing to the Territory?s economy through agriculture and mining,? Mr McCarthy said. ?The Wonarah Phosphate Project will help improve social outcomes in the Barkly through improved job opportunities and I look forward to seeing the many benefits this project will bring to the region.?

Minemakers anticipates that operations will begin in 2012.

Related files:
    Vatskalis McCarthy 250211 Wonarah.pdf ( 225.35 kb )

http://newsroom.nt.gov.au/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewRelease&id=7896&d=5

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.396M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $37.30K 9.294M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 7037099 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 1677255 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AEV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.