CTP 0.00% 5.3¢ central petroleum limited

I hope they tell the Chinese we have some coal for them.Maybe...

1. 284 Posts.

I hope they tell the Chinese we have some coal for them.
    Maybe they are interested in mining our coal?

25 May 2010
    Delegation Attracts Record Number of Chinese Companies

Chinese exploration and mineral companies have expressed unprecedented interest in the Northern Territory at the most successful NT Investment Seminar to date, Resources Minister Kon Vatskalis said today.

Mr Vatskalis has led a Territory delegation into the Peoples Republic of China this week to promote the NT as the preferred destination for exploration and mining.

For the first time the NT Government was invited by the East China Mineral Exploration and Development Bureau (ECE) to host an Investment Seminar in Nanjing; and what we have seen today is an unprecedented interest by Chinese companies wanting to do business with the Territory, Mr Vatskalis said.

Yesterday's day-long seminar attracted over 200 Chinese companies, which is a fantastic turnout especially considering we were expecting 60 companies initially.

Throughout the course of the day I was told by Chinese companies that they are more interested than ever to do business in the NT, and have asked for details and information regarding what the Territory has to offer.

Mr Vatskalis said the NT Governments $14.4 million Bringing Forward Discovery Strategy, which started in 2007, has already seen mineral exploration expenditure reach record levels in the Territory.

Already under this initiative there has been a securing of $180 million worth of publicly announced investments, and I am more confident than ever that following this successful Investment Seminar, we will see millions more in the coming years.

Mr Vatskalis also met with steel company Nanjing Steel Pty Ltd, who has expressed a strong interest in mining in the NT.

I had an extremely positive meeting with senior representatives of Nanjing Steel, who are a mid range company and have indicated a healthy interest in what the Territory has to offer.

This company was one of many I spoke to today who have made positive moves towards wanting to invest in our vastly under-explored Territory they see the potential and this only serves to benefit the Territory and our future economic growth.

http://newsroom.nt.gov.au/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewRelease&id=6958&d=5

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $39.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.4¢ 5.3¢ $52.12K 978.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 454057 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 46397 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.