TVN 2.67% 7.3¢ tivan limited

NT mining sector accuses Chief Minister of forgetting about it

1. 1,179 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 259
    “I also spoke about TNG’s Mount Peake vanadium mine and their proposed refinery in Darwin.”

https://www.ntnews.com.au/business/nt-mining-sector-accuses-chief-minister-of-forgetting-about-it/news-story/327d2df27eb6efa7601c1fa5ff46b3ee

NT mining sector accuses Chief Minister of forgetting about it

The sector that has more than $5 billion in wealth generating projects on its books and widely recognised as most likely to spearhead the Territory’s economic recovery, has blasted the Chief Minister Minister Gunner for forgetting it in his snap shot of major projects likely to commence in the next 18 months.

Territory Mining Industry boss Drew Wagner said he was shocked that the sector that is the single largest contributor to the Territory Government coffers was left out of a glossy brochure distributed as part of the Chief Minister’s State of the Territory address to the business community.

“We continue to hear the rhetoric around budget repair and wealthy creating projects and opportunities yet it is disappointing to see that even in the Chief Minister’s glossy brochure that the mining sector did not rate a mention nor gain any promotion from the NT Government,” Mr Wagner, who is the executive director of the Minerals Council NT, said.

“Frankly it is embarrassing to leave the mining sector out.

“There are more than a dozen significant and major projects and more than $5 billion of investments with countless thousands of jobs.

“It is all well and good for the Chief Minister to be talking about infrastructure and tourism programs worth tens of millions, but they are nothing in the ilk of what will flow from the mining projects.

“We are talking about projects with more than 30 year life spans that will create lasting jobs for Territorians and bring new Territorians here.”

Despite no mention of the mining sector in the Government major projects brochure the Chief Minister Michael Gunner said the resources sector continues to play a significant role in creating hundreds of jobs for Territorians.

“And it will create even more into the future … that’s why I spoke extensively about imminent mining projects in my year ahead speech,” he said

“I spoke about Arafura Resources Nolan’s project, including the exciting news that they will base their separation plant in the Territory, and not in South Korea. This is a win for jobs.

“I also spoke about TNG’s Mount Peake vanadium mine and their proposed refinery in Darwin.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.3¢
Change
-0.002(2.67%)
Mkt cap ! $120.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.5¢ 7.5¢ 7.1¢ $107.0K 1.458M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 86244 7.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.4¢ 58867 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.