TVN 2.61% 5.9¢ tivan limited

NT News Story Today, page-34

1. 1,179 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 259

Comments as of a few minutes ago ....

Philip

16 hours ago

Good. Glad to see this is being taken seriously.

ALAN

20 hours ago

Of course there must be sustainable development and reasonable checks on the environmental impact.

Have dealt with the EPA many times in the past though and they are over zealous to a T. Can't reason with them and the enforcement staff all seem to have developed complexes more suited to Germany in the thirties & forties. With many of their development rulings on alleged dangerous levels for example, concerned about little Johnny playing in the dirt etc, little Johnny would need to ingest 25 kilos of dirt every day for 20 years to reach dangerous levels but adverse rulings are still made.

In its current form and management the EPA is nothing more than one more debilitating & expensive millstone around the necks of reasonable development which we CANNOT AFFORD !!

Kelvin

20 hours ago

EPA. What a waste of tax payers money they are

Margaret

23 hours ago

I would have thought the RAAF and airport authorities would have already expressed their concerns if they had any concerns regarding this plant being built at Middle Arm.

It is time EPA recognised that short of building on totally degraded or cleared sites there will always be some impact on flora and fauna. One can't entirely stop the wheels of progress to pander to environmentalists who seem to think that the lifestyle we currently enjoy can continue without some collateral damage.

Kristy

1 day ago

If the NT Gov have proposed the site then shouldn’t they be the ones with the burden of justifying it?

Andrew

1 day ago

And is anyone surprised? Not!

Jeff

1 day ago

the plant is about 5km from Palmy, sounds reasonable that the company explains how emmisions from the plant wont affect the town
    Wise Warrior

18 hours ago
    (Edited)

@Jeff, could you explain or produce data which’s if every resident in Palmerston turn off all power, stopped driving cars, every business, shopping centres and industry business closed their doors, how much would world emissions be reduced by…Jeff.

Peter William

1 day ago

As far as I can see there is only one board member that may live in the NT and he chairs a board currently working on a six months task initiated in 2011 or 12. Check the board qualifications of the rest, not what you would expect for a progressive territory.
    Anthony

5 hours ago

@Peter William I checked, and the qualifications are in fact quite impressive. Doesn’t seem to hep their decision making skills though

Philip

1 day ago
    (Edited)

We are drowning in overloads of too much democracy, buracracies, minority group influence, red tape, black tape and the like. We have forgotten how to build our Nation. Gunner show leadership and get this mine approved and dissolve the useless EPA.
    Phil

17 hours ago

What, he can't even get a bottle shop built.

RJ

1 day ago

Get rid of the EPA. This is the woke left trying to styfle economic development. Defund them. When does the new requests for information stop? This could be ongoing and postpone it indefinitely

Grumpy

1 day ago

Ah yes this is the way to speed up development and have investment in the NT Go for it Mr Gunner and crew

Matthew

1 day ago

more boundless competence from this government, obviously left hand not telling the right hand what it's doing.

Allen

1 day ago

The NT has not had a major new mine in decades, and this sort of bureaucratic imbecility is the reason. The EPA needs to have its wings clipped. Lets not get too excited about the economic fillip Darwin is getting from Covid tourism. That won't last. What we need is new long lived major projects. There are other vanadium projects competing with TNG. If this gets delayed others will get the market first mover advantage and the project may be lost forever. The politicians and public servants are either a bit slow or don't care it seems.

Tita

1 day ago
    (Edited)

Looks like public servants have figured out how to get around Gunner’s promise to expedite approvals. Be interesting to see how he mismanages this one. Yep we are open for business NOT.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.