OAU 10.0% 0.6¢ ora gold limited

Hey.. I was just wondering about this area, and keen to hear...

1. 617 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Hey.. I was just wondering about this area, and keen to hear what people think about it, including the previous works. I'm not clue'd up fully yet, I've got as far as the following though, which is recent work:

24th August 2015, the ANN included results from drill holes TRBC088 and TRBC089 (going to call them 88 and 89 now). They were centered around the magnetic imagery anomalies, trying to explain those anomalies.

88 was reported with:
    89 was reported with:
    My first note is, in the ANN these two holes weren't listed in the assays, and the assays reported only included Cu, Au, and Ag, not any of the other typical elements indicative of VHMS zones - the JORC table at the end of the ANN doesn't say that they were assayed for anything other than the 3 elements. That's a bummer, but oh well.

With hole 88, they encountered pyrrhotite within dolerite, which apparently explains the magnetic anomaly.. but I read that pyrrhotite is only weakly magnetic? Then they detected a minor DHEM anomaly at 70-85m down this hole, but which direction? Now, I am not a geo so please excuse my dumbness, but.. is there no possibility that the pyrrhotite is part of a transition zone nearby further mineralisation (like in this?):

Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 11.44.33 am.png

Also in the back of my mind is that the Besshi type formation paper that we've discussed here made mention of a possible Nickel-Copper related origin, are THX considering this in their investigations (I'm sure they would be)? After browsing a lot of publications on the net, I read in many places that transition zones surrounding Ni-Cu ore and besshi type VHMS, and other VMS deposits, can have pyrrhotite sheets forming near the mineralisation. The more you read, the more you see how insanely complex geology is (too much so for me!)..

For hole 89, it's interesting to read that there were weak geochem, and strong anomalous gold assays, but no DHEM? Spinifex textured rocks indicate lava flows I've read, so how is that different to the peperitic textures that THX report on, which in my mind mean similar?

Now come to the current target (called Tepes), we see some peperitic textures for starters but no assays yet. I've roughly calculated by my dodgy methods that Tepes is around 200m west and slightly north of hole 88, and 200m north east of hole 89.. so it's well and truly in the vicinity of possibly an interesting area.

Anyone have any thoughts or theories on this area of the tenement, have any thing cool to throw up for discussion? I think this area is quite under-investigated..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.001(10.0%)
Mkt cap ! $39.27M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.6¢ 0.6¢ 0.5¢ $3.08K 560.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
28 15171579 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 17666523 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.58pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.