Another horny old chestnut from Bevter:'If these countries...

1. 25,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Another horny old chestnut from Bevter:

'If these countries didn't have any oil would we even care what happened in their country? If it was Saudis who caused 911 why didn't we attack Saudi Arabia?'

The attack of of 9/11 was not peretrated by SA but by SA citizens. You can't blame a nation for evil carried out by its citizens unless there is proof that it was carried out under its explicit instructions. I am unaware of any such instruction.

As far as I am aware that is no oil in Sarjevo and yet the Americans intervened, whilst the Euros stood around bleating, and the Dutch looked the other way whilst people were being slaughtered.

And there was no oil in East Germany and yet,as a result of the Berlin Airlift the Americans saved the West Berliners from decades of poverty and misery suffered by their brothers and sisters in East Berlin . Were you aware of that important episode in post WW11 history?

As far as I am aware the Korean War was not fought over oil and yet thousands of Americans (and others) died to save the South Koreans from a brutal dictatorship which allowed thousands to die of starvation.

So let's get off this Anti-American diatribe and give credit where credit is due!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.