SLX 1.13% $5.38 silex systems limited

Nuclear debate, page-12

1. 4,681 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 271
    Thankyou for your comment. I did ask that my flames not ve fanned, but as you have requested further input I recount an incident that illustrates how those in power can't be trusted.
    In the weeks before the 2012 Queensland election I attended a drum beating event advertised as "Morning tea with Campbell Newman". Being prepared to enter the lions den I realised that I would only get one question opportunity. Being aware that the nuclear lobby would have been in his ear, the question I asked was "Does your party have any plans to either mine or transport uranium in Queensland. He promptly replied that "No, we have no plans to open Queensland for either mining or transportation of uranium, And, I might add, no one has approached me about it," Had he not added that second bit, I probably would have taken him at his word. !4 days later his newly elected government announced that they did indeed plan to open Queensland up to uranium mining.

My point is that although regulators can point to the safeguards they have in place, there always seem to be "work arounds" that make them irrelevant. Just as the example of the mine I'm familiar with, I'm sure it's not an isolated case where environmental checks and controls can be overridden. The same applies in construction.

It is that universal law that economics always trumps safety.
    Last edited by sewell64: 25/11/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.38
Change
0.060(1.13%)
Mkt cap ! $1.274B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.35 $5.46 $5.33 $2.712M 504.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 629 $5.34

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.38 6109 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.