nuclear disaster ongoing at fukushima, page-30

1. 7,404 Posts.
    reading through this thread there are some particular posts that i would like to highlight... the ones emphasizing death or/and deaths.

if "death" was the end (which it isn't) then there would be no problem, except for those left behind; but hey, life goes on.

if someone has a horrible car accident and winds up like stephen hawkings or christopher reeve (superman), then do you say, "it's ok they didn't die"?

was it ok for jews in concentration camps because they weren't dead then?

life and associated suffereing is the concern - not death

i'm sure that many here have woken up many mornings and thought to some degree "oh gawd, not another day".
    i have.

a while ago i watched a video of annie lennox interviewing palden gyatso (a tibetan monk that was tortured in a china labour prison camp)
    he said that they grouped up humans to be executed
    one monk was pleading for his life, while someone else was all too ready to die with a "please".

death of the karmic factors of self does not necessarily happen at physical death, in fact, you can see that it would be extremely rare.

i'm concerned about the welfare of all other beings on this planet, because i know that i could be born anywhere.

and for some reductio absurdum,
    would an eternal hell be ok because you were still alive?

just 10 minutes worth of kidney stone symptoms seriously deceases my desire to be alive.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.