PEN 5.00% 10.5¢ peninsula energy limited

I'm all for free expression, but posters on these topics ought...

1. 449 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 74

I'm all for free expression, but posters on these topics ought to take on just a modicum of personal responsibility and read a little. Energy is a vast topic but if you knew even a tiny amount about geothermal for example, to take just one small aspect of it, you would realise that none of these sources of energy are cheap or easy to establish.

Think of Geodynmamics, partly funded by Origin with an expert team and a good concept to tap into "shallow" hot granites with a plan to sell power to BHP at Olympc Dam and into the SA grid. After drilling issues they reached depth and had some success in drawing off very hot water, but look in the end it actually hasn't worked.

The other geothermal stocks are also down and out for the time being as well.Similarly wave power sounded good, but again the one or two wave power stories we have are in a hole.

It is simply a hell of a lot harder to produce alternative power than you or Australia's largely energy illiterate bureaucrats and politicans realise.

Think of France: there are several towns that actually asked for nuclear plants and nucelar waste storage facilitues as it meant their engineering and science trained sons and daughters could have good well paid jobs in the district and that life as the French know it could go on undisturbed. Nuclear has its serious issues, but finding something better is proving very difficult.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.005(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $334.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.5¢ 10.0¢ $636.6K 6.215M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
76 7208572 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 3276728 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.