BOE 1.53% $3.85 boss energy ltd

Great letter,, we could do with some support for nuclear power...

1. 652 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Great letter,, we could do with some support for nuclear power in Australia along those same lines. The term "clean electricity" certainly does not get enough air time here.

I think one of the major players behind the scenes trying to stop Nuclear in Australia are the Energy companies.. I think because Nuclear is so efficient that the energy companies would not make as much money out of Nuclear as they do out of Coal or Gas.

And then on top of that the energy companies are making more money out of Windmills and solar than they are out of Coal fired power stations. Hence AGL's recent tangle with the government trying to close Liddell power station rather than update it or sell it to somebody else. AGL would rather see hundreds more windmills dot the landscape so that they could make money from the contracted maintenance. There was one report at the time that likened it to AGL driving a car off a cliff rather than sell it off for some money.. This situation really shows the ridiculousness of what is happening in our country. Mind you I have been stocking up on AGL shares for a while as they are one of the Major beneficiaries of the renewable energy electricty generation pathway being heaped on us by our state and federal governments.

I suspect that behind the scenes the energy companies are doing all they can to keep both sides of politics heading down the renewable path.. Including things like donations to parties and individual members election campaigns etc. After all the power companies are the big winners out of all of this...

And unfortunately Australia is not even building the windmills,,, they are being purchased from Germany for crying out loud.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.85
Change
-0.060(1.53%)
Mkt cap ! $1.574B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.82 $3.88 $3.77 $15.69M 4.097M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 14020 $3.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.86 22793 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.