Nuclear plant sites, page-313

1. 7,723 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    There are massive gains for farmers here and they are quickly realizing it. Who does not love free electricity and a second income stream to help drought proof your farm.

https://farmersforclimateaction.org.au/blog/2024/02/05/reality-check-renewables-make-farmers-money/

“Our family farm wasn’t financially sustainable during the drought until we hosted wind turbines. Now the farm has substantial, bankable income locked in every year whether it rains or not. And now we’re selling, the real estate agent says the secure income from renewable energy is driving my sale price up by hundreds of thousands of dollars. Renewables saved my family
    farm,” Mr Prell said.

“The wind brings us stable income, locked in regardless of whether we have a huge harvest or a poor one,” Mrs Findlay-Tickner said.

“We’ve been farming under transmission for 50 years without issue. We run harvesters under them and farm around them just like we farm around trees. Some people claim you can’t fight fires near turbines but I have photos of aerial bombers extinguishing a fire between ours.”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.