SLX 0.94% $4.21 silex systems limited

New comer here - have not purchased SLX at this time but am very...

1. 75 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    New comer here - have not purchased SLX at this time but am very keen to once I have some additional funds to invest. I wanted to contribute to this thread with the attached (unsure if it has already been posted).

From Feb21 (URA ETF product site - question on this below): Uranium Market Primed for Growth – Global X ETFs
    If above doesn't work: https://www.globalxetfs.com/uranium-market-primed-for-growth/

From Last week (Jun21) separate article: 50% Reduction in Carbon Emissions by 2030 Means Opportunities Now (prnewswire.com) -

A couple of takeaways from me before I hand over for discussion!
    1. The infographic in link 1 showing what one Nuclear Reactor can produce is rather powerful. From speaking to various friends / family etc, there is definitely a lot of hype around batteries but what most seem to forget is that batteries store energy, not produce. The energy still needs to come from somewhere and out of the renewables, Nuclear is an excellent play. The number of wind turbines or solar required vs a nuclear reactor is striking. Take this a step further, we as a species are only growing in numbers, meaning land area is becoming more valuable as more houses are required etc. I have no research to back this up but surely the land space taken up by a reactor is far less compared to multiple wind turbines or solar panel farms and this would need to be a future macro economic consideration in years to come (less space = more room for farming / houses, less cutting down of trees therefore 'greener'). This would also reduce costs and how else can uranium producers further reduce costs (someone say lasers?).
    2. China expected to be a major source of Uranium demand followed by India. An interesting prospect to consider, particularly India as again EV demand in these two countries is only growing more and more.
    3. The 2nd link appears to be somewhat of a plug for UEC but has some nuggets including that 25 reactors are required to support the boom in EV demand (see point 2 above)
    4. The URA ETF is an interesting prospect to me, one I am also considering alongside SLX given its link to Cameco.

Curiosity question: Has anyone here looked further into the URA ETF for investing and have any opinions/perspectives on it? I am rather intrigued by it. It is down over 10 years due to the boom but recovering well more recently and with the expected uranium supply shortage vs demand upcoming, it seems like a good/fun play?

Additional question: Is there a company that can effectively and efficiently dismantle nuclear weapons for recycling and reuse in a reactor?

Thanks in advance for everyone's knowledge and for all the posts in this thread, they are very informative.

All IMO DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.21
Change
-0.040(0.94%)
Mkt cap ! $997.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.35 $4.35 $4.19 $1.622M 382.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10180 $4.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.22 3000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.