SLX 1.68% $4.67 silex systems limited

It would still be using reprocessed fuel and as you say the US...

1. 20,115 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1774
    It would still be using reprocessed fuel and as you say the US isn't into that game now, maybe later, it would not be easy to get recycling started in the US again until it was a proven method without safety or proliferation being addressed?

GEH do have two seperation methods at Wilmington one is an older wet processing plant and the other is a dry processing plant, both are in mothballs ATM but the guys from the UK who wrote that, said the latter could easily be repurposed, I didn't originally write that, two engineers from the UK who were visiting the plant at Wilmington did, the purpose why they were there is that they were going over revised plans for PRISM and SMR's.

I do think that using UNF to fuel some reactors would be a good thing, although it can't be used in a lot of reactors at the moment, and besides Oklo there are many other SMR's coming that will require HALEU but can't use UNF, The Oklo plant can run of HALEU as well see here-:
    https://www.powermag.com/exclusive-...aleu-could-be-groundbreaking-for-new-nuclear/

So why build a plant that that recycles UNF now? a fuel that can only be used in certain reactors, when a purpose built HALEU plant could be used in a lot of new and existing reactors, it said as much in the link above where they see HALEU production as growing exponentially.

The article I posted, was from what I saw in two parts, it was not really clear enough on that IMHO!

But Paducah is a a Shuttered Nuclear Facility, there is no getting away from that fact.
    Last edited by moosey: 20/09/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.67
Change
-0.080(1.68%)
Mkt cap ! $1.105B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.70 $4.75 $4.62 $2.189M 467.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 15130 $4.67

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.69 561 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.69
  Change
-0.080 ( 1.42 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.72 $4.75 $4.63 118837
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.