SLX 1.66% $4.75 silex systems limited

I find this interesting? from what I can see Bill Gates wants to...

1. 20,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1774
    I find this interesting? from what I can see Bill Gates wants to still build his traveling wave reactors as well as combining forces with GEH on SMR's that will burn used nuclear fuel rods that have been recycled?

If Gates wants to run his traveling wave reactors that require some enriched Uranium and also some depleted Uranium, I reckon I know where that Depleted Uranium will come from in a very clean form? Paducah rings a bell.

https://www.maritime-executive.com/...-nuclear-power-for-commercial-ship-propulsion

While nuclear fuel is costly, the group supported by Gates has focused on developing a nuclear reactor capable of using spent nuclear fuel rods as the main energy source. The sheer amount of spent nuclear fuel rods internationally enhances the commercial and social attractiveness of re-using spent fuel rods.

And then this -: https://www.inverse.com/innovation/bill-gates-thinks-nuclear-energy-is-the-future

What are the advantages?

According to TerraPower, there are many. They rest on the fact that a traveling wave reactor uses depleted uranium, which eliminates the need for what is known in nuclear-speak as “reprocessing" — the separation of plutonium and uranium from other elements of nuclear waste. Called “dangerous, dirty, and expensive” by the Union of Concerned Scientists, reprocessing all of the nuclear reactor fleets in America would cost over $4 billion.
    TerraPower “eliminates the need for reprocessing,” which in turn “reduces proliferation concerns, lowers the overall cost of the nuclear fuel cycle, and helps to protect the environment by making use of a waste byproduct,” according to the company.

Seems to me that there may be two approaches here not one?
    One where they will re enrich UNF and re use it in somne SMR's based on the PRISM reactor and another where they will be making SMR's based on the Gates traveling wave reactor that burns enriched Uranium to start it and Depleted Uranium to run it?
    Both of these would be beneficial to GLE I believe.
    I do thik that getting rid of most of the nuclear waste by burning it inn a reactor would be beneficial but I also think Mr Gates's traveling wave reactor on a smaller scale has legs also?

https://www.powermag.com/the-power-interview-technology-can-solve-problem-of-nuclear-waste/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.75
Change
-0.080(1.66%)
Mkt cap ! $1.124B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.85 $4.93 $4.75 $1.260M 261.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 2493 $4.74

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.77 308 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.77
  Change
-0.080 ( 1.24 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.86 $4.93 $4.75 60248
Last updated 15.59pm 25/04/2024 ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.