SLX 6.21% $5.13 silex systems limited

Something that has been puzzling me for a while? If SMR's are...

1. 20,094 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1773
    Something that has been puzzling me for a while?

If SMR's are built in a factory and then transported to site?

What about a very small SMR being used in lets say a mining community, but the mine able resources runs out, would it be possible to reuse that SMR at another location? i.e transport the whole reused SMR to another location?

Seems as if they are looking at this concept, it would make small SMR's far more economical, if reuse was part of the equation IMHO?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0360544220312445

Abstract

There is a growing interest in Small Modular nuclear Reactors (SMRs) driven mostly by the concerns in decarbonising the electricity and heat sectors. Despite the expected advantages of SMRs with respect to large reactors (e.g. construction schedule reduction, lower upfront investment per unit) and at least two decades of studies, investments in SMRs have been extremely limited. Leveraging a literature review, in-depth discussions, and a questionnaire survey, this paper aims to identify and rank general elements hindering SMR construction, specific licensing and regulatory elements affecting SMR construction, and elements favouring or hindering the reuse of SMR modules. The results show that financial and economic issues (including perceived investment risk, availability of cheaper technologies to generate electricity) are the main barriers for SMR construction. Government support for financing the first-of-a-kind and developing a supply chain could allow overcoming these barriers. Time, cost and risk of the licensing process are critical elements for SMR construction; therefore, policies should be in place to support stakeholders. The economic feasibility can hinder the opportunity of reusing SMR modules. Design and interface standardisation are the main enabling factors of reusing SMR modules. Further studies on SMR decommissioning through a "circular economy" lens are needed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.13
Change
0.300(6.21%)
Mkt cap ! $1.213B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.89 $5.14 $4.85 $6.019M 1.195M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 283 $5.12

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.15 15574 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.08
  Change
0.300 ( 5.51 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.91 $5.13 $4.85 128561
Last updated 15.59pm 29/03/2024 ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.