SLX 1.19% $4.25 silex systems limited

Nuclear Power Related Media Thread, page-2448

1. zog
    2,994 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 911
    Here is a link to the Centrus conference call on their Q2 results given on 5th August

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4530291-centrus-energy-corp-leu-ceo-dan-poneman-on-q2-2022-results-earnings-call-transcript?source=feed_tag_transcripts

Significant issues are:

"We're pleased that the Department of Energy has issued a request for proposal that is expected to fund the next stage of the HALEU demonstration and potentially support years of operation and production beyond that. This is a competitive solicitation, and we are working hard to demonstrate our capabilities and make a strong case when we submit our bid later this month. This is one part of a broader HALEU availability program that has been established at the Department of Energy to promote the build out of domestic HALEU production infrastructure."

I assume here they are only talking about DoE solicitation for running the ACP100 centrifuge in Piketon not the more general RF"Congress provided $45 million in fiscal year 2022. (the embolden section) which I expect GLE to be one of the front runners no doubt alongside Centrus

"The administration has proposed $95 million for fiscal year 2023, which was increased to $100 million in the energy and water appropriations bill that recently passed the house, while the Nuclear Energy Institute and others in the industry have embraced the proposal for annual funding of $300 million per year. The draft text of the Inflation Reduction Act recently announced by Senator Schumer and Senator Masha include $700 million for HALEU"

This in the one I hope GLE will be part of

"And as I've mentioned in my remarks, that's really a game changer right, because it's got $700 million in it for HALEU, and that's exactly the kind of market signal that we've been looking for. It's both -- it's both the market signal, but also it's a very significant investment, right?"

Joseph Reagor

"Okay. Second thing, on the HALEU contract that you're competing for, can you kind of give us a little background on what the space looks like as far as the other competition, you guys are the only ones with a HALEU license right now. So like is this really an open competition? Or is it more a matter of the government has to say it is and you guys are really the only party in town."

Dan Poneman

Well, Joe, it's hard enough to speak on my own behalf, and I'm sure I'm not going to speak on behalf of other companies. But to the second part of your question, it's a real competition. I mean, the department has been out there. They had an Industry Day. It's real. And we're taking it very, very seriously indeed. These RFIs, if you've had any exposure to them are extraordinarily detailed and work intensive things. They -- I think, would make you proud as an American to see the hard work that goes into even preparing the RFI itself. And so to be responsive to very thoughtfully and thoroughly compared RFI is a massive undertaking, and we're taking it very seriously. We feel good about our capabilities. We feel good about what we bring to the table, but we are taking nothing for granted, and we're focused on the cycle laser beam."

Centrus clearly know where the real competition is - It's GLE!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.25
Change
0.050(1.19%)
Mkt cap ! $1.006B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.26 $4.30 $4.19 $1.305M 307.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 445 $4.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.29 342 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.