SLX 5.13% $5.33 silex systems limited

I'll summarise this idiotic document for everyone:It starts by...

1. 920 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    I'll summarise this idiotic document for everyone:

It starts by saying that nuclear power "...makes no sense and wasting time and energy debating it is a distraction..." so we at least know from the get go that it is intended to editorialise rather than present any sort of objective analysis.

It then goes on to say that nuclear power doesn't "make sense for Australia" because:

1. There are legal obstacles - so of course debating the removal of legal obstacles to nuclear power doesn't "make sense" because nuclear power is illegal. Righto, that "makes sense" I guess, if you're a blind lefty.

2. Nuclear power stations are expensive and take too long to build. We've already done this one to death earlier in the thread.

3. Nuclear power poses significant community, environmental, health and economic risks. Fair enough, but no mention is made of the risks of competing technologies. If A has risk and B has more risk, only an idiot would argue that you should choose B over A because A has risk. (I'm aware that this is case of QED with Sewell64).

4. Nuclear power is not renewable. Never mind the fact that we've probably got enough Uranium in the ground to provide power until the heat death of the Sun, which I suppose means that solar and wind power aren't strictly speaking renewable either, because the Sun will eventually die.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.33
Change
0.260(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $1.262B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.12 $5.33 $5.01 $4.811M 914.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 336 $5.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.34 1698 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.