SLX 0.94% $4.21 silex systems limited

I found this interesting? The future of particle accelerators...

1. 20,234 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1783
    I found this interesting?

The future of particle accelerators
    the world's smallest particle accelerator
    Stanford/ SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
    In 2040, the HL-LHC is set to cease operations, and plans are already underway to supersede this accelerator. CERN's Future Circular Collider (FCC) study aims to suggest designs and infrastructure for the next generation of particle accelerators.
    This will push the energy and intensity of future colliders with CERN aiming to create a machine that reaches 100 TeV. And ironically, particle accelerators may be about to come full circle.
    Increasingly researchers are returning to the use of bench-top particle accelerators. Work has even begun on particle accelerators that can fit on a single computer chip.
    One concept being developed at SLAC involves carving a nanoscale channel in silicon, sealing it in a vacuum, and then sending electrons through this cavity. These electrons are accelerated by pulses of infrared light through the silicon.
    Currently just a prototype, the team at SLAC that developed this on-chip integrated laser-driven particle accelerator hope that in the future technology like this will make small-scale particle accelerators available to researchers across the globe who don't have access to larger machines.

Read More: https://www.slashgear.com/873387/how-particle-accelerators-hit-the-big-time/?utm_campaign=clip
    Last edited by moosey: 09/08/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.21
Change
-0.040(0.94%)
Mkt cap ! $997.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.35 $4.35 $4.19 $1.622M 382.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10180 $4.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.22 3000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.