SLX 3.34% $5.11 silex systems limited

I wish I could hold our leaders in such high regard as to...

1. 925 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 83
    I wish I could hold our leaders in such high regard as to believe that they would actually act in our interests. One thing that Albo's old housemate, Daniel Andrews, has demonstrated over the past few election cycles is that with the right propaganda, a party can secure unquestioning support of a massive voter base that will support it under ALL conditions. Don't forget that Hitler enjoyed popular German support right up to the fall of Berlin, and Solzhenitsyn wrote that it was common for people to praise Stalin as they were led out to be shot.

The reality is that a very large proportion of people are morons, and politicians ultimately don't give a f*ck about anything other than personal power. If they can blame skyrocketing power bills on speculators/greedy power companies/Vladimir Putin or any other one of the usual scapegoats, they will, and they will have a good chance of getting away with it.

I believe you when you say that we are on track for skyrocketing prices for increasingly unreliable electricity. However, I don't think that this will necessarily force our politicians to abandon the relationships that keep them in power in order to take Australia nuclear.

As a side note, because going nuclear would require the repeal of existing legislation, it would either need bipartisan support, or the party in power would need to securely hold both houses of parliament - I don't see either of these things happening any time soon.

The good news is that we don't need this to happen, we are going to make oodles of cash thanks to Uncle Sam.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.