SLX 7.49% $5.31 silex systems limited

Nuclear Power Related Media Thread, page-3410

1. 4,345 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 725
    "Section 3.c.ii: Fuel supply chain
    Supporting 200 GW of new nuclear by 2050 would require the fuel supply chain capacity to increase by 200–300%. The U.S. had a recent peak of 2,263 MT U3O8 mined in 2014. However, an additional 22,000 MT were procured by the U.S. globally in support of ~100 GW of existing nuclear power capacity. To support an additional 200 GW, the U.S. would need to expand mining/milling operations by an additional ~50,000 MT per year (i.e., grow by 22x the most recent peak). Mining/milling of uranium will need to be increased from the U.S., allies, and partners to ensure a secure supply for the expected growth in nuclear capacity.
    As of January 2023, the Converdyn Metropolis Works facility is the only U.S. facility capable of converting triuranium octoxide (U3O8
    ) to uranium hexafluoride (UF6
    )—required for enrichment. This facility has been shuttered since 2017 due to market conditions but is the process of reopening in 2023. The plant has the capacity to produce 15,000 MT per year of uranium in the form of UF6 (Converdyn facility has reduced its capacity to 7,000 MT per year due to accommodate existing market demands). However, to meet the expected demand for 200 GW of new nuclear, it is expected that an additional ~65,000 MT per year of conversion capacity would be needed (i.e., an additional four Converdyn-sized operating facilities).
    Existing U.S. uranium enrichment capability is ~4.9M SWU per year, while current U.S. demand is ~15M SWU per year. To meet the additional nuclear demand of 200 GW, the U.S. would need to increase the enrichment capability by ~30M SWU per year (i.e., 6x higher than current capacity) or ~40M SWU per year to be energy independent"

Have to love these numbers- SLX was great before these "additional" demand!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.