SLX 3.72% $5.18 silex systems limited

The parts about Russia/Rosatom having a stranglehold over the...

1. 115 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    The parts about Russia/Rosatom having a stranglehold over the nuclear fuel supply chain due to lack of enrichment capacity in the West are fair enough. But the prospect of Sri Lanka adopting nuclear energy seems wildly impractical and unrealistic. Apart from not being able to afford it, they don't have the time to wait for either Russia to build a full-fledged reactor or for SMRs to become viable, given the country is already in an acute energy crisis.

They will prob end up being fully connected to the Indian grid – it won't be popular, but neither is the current arrangement (being dependent on foreign aid/credit to pay for importing oil and coal for power generation). Even if they did go down the nuclear power route, they would simply be dependent on Russia instead of India. I suspect the article draws heavily from Sputnik or another Russian propaganda outlet, as it basically just parrots familiar praises of Rosatom. This line is a cracker: "Russia also offers attractive loans, which are backed by government subsidies and cover at least 80% of construction costs."

Reminds me of how China similarly offers 'attractive' loans for infrastructure projects... Didn't work so well for Sri Lanka with the port in Hambantota, which the Chinese built and financed. After the government was unable to service the debt, it was basically forced to give it to the Chinese under a 99-year lease. The port is hardly used by commercial shipping, but makes for a great Chinese naval outpost in the Indian Ocean.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5846/5846093-89d71caaca76397045d2c92d95da06b2.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.18
Change
-0.200(3.72%)
Mkt cap ! $1.227B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.32 $5.40 $5.18 $1.186M 225.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1338 $5.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.20 2500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.