SLX 3.11% $4.64 silex systems limited

Nuclear Power Related Media Thread, page-443

1. zog
    3,060 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 954
    Mosey - I think you may have got my post wrong; I was commenting on what SLX/GLE could be up to (not others)

1. Over the GEH/Terrapower Natrium reactor I was simply adding an interesting webinar - I was not disputing any post you had made

2. My issue over "baby and the bathwater" I tried to indicate that GEH had done that to GLE in divesting LIS (and that many other large companies do the same thing for other innovations not making immediate profits) and that SLX/Cameco are the beneficiary - I agree with you. My comments were targeted at uranium enrichment - nothing to do with PRISM and ARC. Hopefully the US government will accept electro-chemical separation (as in the ARC) but I am sure there will be resistance from such bodies as the "Union of Concerned Scientist' et al. In fact the Carter ban on reprocessing was overruled by Regan but resistance is entrenched and Biden will need to overcome this resistance (particularly from Democrats) for any form of separation (Carter was a Democrat president).

As I understand the Natrium articles the ARC is not part of what they are offering (right now) - the reactor is sodium based and runs on HALEU - reprocessing is not included. If transmutation is part of it (which is not apparent to me) then i see nothing that would connect this development to GLE. My concern over GLE being involved is that I see no evidence of this and I ask where the development money is coming from GLE don't have much and SLX is in the same boat (SLX would need to disclose any such development in their accounts and also under continuous disclosure obligations. Please let me know what you are disputing - I'm only commenting on what SLX (and down the road GLE) may (or may not) be doing not what others may be up to - I'm sure someone in a university is looking at the possibility. It would seem to me that a laser transmutation process would be very energy intensive - lasers are very energy inefficient and increasing mass (i.e adding a proton or neutron) is governed by Einstein's equation (E-Mc2) - immense amount of energy are required to make minute differences in mass (far better to do it in a reactor where there are plenty of neutrons)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.