SLX 7.18% $5.82 silex systems limited

I don't recall posting this perhaps I did but it is worth...

1. 20,130 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1777
    I don't recall posting this perhaps I did but it is worth reading again!

https://www.9news.com.au/finance/as...-trading/b99d6dee-9646-464e-a54b-5190f744869b

Increasing the Nuclear Fuel Supply in the U.S.

In December of 2023, the NFSA was included in the NDAA. These acronyms aren’t obscure baseball stats that are completely meaningless to society like BQRS of BOBACON. These acronyms stand for the Nuclear Fuel Security Act and the National Defense Authorization Act. So, now you know what the words are, but what do they mean? In short, it means this legislation supports the expansion of our domestic nuclear fuel supply. It does not mean ‘weighted on-base average on contact’ or whatever the baseball people are saying.
    The legislation, which is a series of laws directing DoD’s priorities and programs, is a major step in determining the United States’ national security agenda. However, in this iteration, it is also instrumental in reaching the country’s decarbonization goals.
    NEI CEO Maria Korsnick put it well in a statement, saying:
    This bill is a critical step in advancing a reliable & secure domestic fuel cycle to operate clean nuclear plants in the U.S. while meeting the surging demand for new nuclear. Not only will this advance our country’s decarbonization goals, but also strengthen our national security. The authorization in the NDAA needs to be followed by appropriation of the funds needed to accelerate our domestic enrichment and conversion capabilities & implementation actions that support a smooth transition.

The legislation enables the U.S. to increase both the production of low-enriched uranium for our existing reactors and availability of high-assay, low-enriched uranium (HALEU)–another acronym. This, in tandem with the roughly $500 million in funding for HALEU production from the Inflation Reduction Act, will certainly help jumpstart the production of this important fuel.
    HALEU is crucial for both short-term and long-term projects in the U.S., as it is required for many next-gen reactor technologies. These reactors can be smaller, more efficient, and more flexible than our existing fleet, which will bolster national security as well as help decarbonize the country.
    J. Clay Sell, CEO of X-Energy, also put it well:
    Developing American-led capabilities to provide high-assay, low-enriched uranium for advanced nuclear reactors is critical to enabling both domestic and global deployment needed to strengthen energy security and significantly contribute to reducing global emissions. The importance of this issue is exemplified by the overwhelming bipartisan, bicameral support for moving this program forward.

If the U.S. doesn’t make strides in LEU/HALEU production, it leaves the door open for countries like Russia to strengthen their global influence in the nuclear energy industry. Currently, a Russian state-owned company is the only one in the world selling commercial shipments of HALEU, giving them a leg up. But there are signs that that might be changing – last fall, Centrus produced America’s first amounts of HALEU and intend to produce even more this year.
    I know this is a lot of information and a lot of acronyms. Luckily, we’re here to sort it all out. If you like the environment, national security, and acronyms – we suggest getting into nuclear energy and maybe not baseball.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.82
Change
0.390(7.18%)
Mkt cap ! $1.378B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.49 $5.90 $5.49 $7.460M 1.297M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 380 $5.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.83 22627 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.80
  Change
0.390 ( 7.31 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.59 $5.90 $5.53 147581
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.