SLX 0.00% $4.93 silex systems limited

The reason that the Spot Price of uranium gets so much...

1. 1,113 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 362
    The reason that the Spot Price of uranium gets so much attention, is that it is the most visible part of the opaque uranium market, even though it is a small proportion of the market and I have not heard a definitive amount, but rumours that it is around 10%. I have even heard commentators say that it is generally less than the contract market, which at the moment it is not. With that said Peninsula Energy published its half yearly reports today and indicated that their forecasts are based a contract rate in the low $70.00s. I think the spot price will spike from time to time during periods of tight supplied and unexpected surges in buying. I don't think the recent drop is doom and gloom, it is just typical market gyrations that ultimately settles on the true value of the commodity, but given that a lot of necessary mines can't start up at these prices, I think the uranium price will trend up, but it will happen over years and there maybe a few spikes along the way. These are my opinions, and I intend to remain an investor in this sector. I also think Silex has an unusual bias in this rising sector that could place it in a position of impenetrable dominance.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.93
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.167B
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 5759 $5.32

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.69 2770 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.06am 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.13
  Change
0.000 ( 4.20 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.05 $5.24 $5.04 15999
Last updated 10.26am 30/04/2024 ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.