SLX 5.13% $5.33 silex systems limited

I guess we have to hope that the secret patents we hold will...

1. zog
    2,934 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 889
    I guess we have to hope that the secret patents we hold will protect us from being higher prices than newcomers. I guess from a newcomer perspective they have to use technology which is fundamentally different to SLX when they may also be unaware of what they may be transgressing. I suspect the best examples are LIS Technologies who are making a point of using the substantially less (6000 times) effective (but cheaper) v3/3 harmonic (see HERE)
    this patent was evidently granted after ONL (Oak Ridge NL) vetted it and came to the conclusion that there was no need for it to be secret. Chriso Liebenberg (their CEO - see HERE) worked for GLE up until 2013 (and is a party to the SLX "secret" patents) sp he cannot say that he is unaware of their content (at least up to 2013). The other competitor is ASP Isotopes and they say they are using either stationary wall centrifuge (for isotopes other then uranium) or (for uranium) AVLIS which was dropped by USEC in 1997 due to massive corrosion issues (a plant was actually built and then scrapped (USEC then adopted (to 2002) Silex). I guess their are other technologies (e.g chemical) that could rise (e.g Ubaryon Pty Ltd at Lucas Heights) but all appears to be well behind Silex in terms of development and maturity. A bit like Centrifuge and efficiency standard is set and a new technology has to beat it before it's commercial - that takes an awful lot of effort (and cost)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.33
Change
0.260(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $1.262B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.12 $5.33 $5.01 $4.811M 914.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 336 $5.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.34 1698 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.