SLX 0.40% $4.92 silex systems limited

Nuclear Power Related Media Thread, page-5178

1. zog
    2,958 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 895
    Possibly you are including all the costs for a nuclear/renewables strategy, Gencost (CSIRO) did not include many of the costs such as Powerwalls, roof top panels, and being happy to lend your EV battery (overnight and dull days - with unrealistic EV adoption) all for free (doesn't cost anything), forgetting about all the renewable (installed before 2026) being clapped out before 2050) being replaced at about 2020 (or soon after). Perfect weather forecasting and no repeat of 2015 weather, all the enormous grid working perfectly, (the wind not blowing over pylons as in 2016 SA), no accounting for frequency control (i.e synchronous condensers) to maintain the grid. The list goes on and on. This is what happens when you get economists to produce GENCOST and the ISP; the CSIRO is now pretty well devoid of engineers. Its a bit like green hydrogen - rubbish in rubbish out and let's forget about the laws of physics (particularly the laws of thermodynamics and dynamics). IMO (and I am a qualified professional engineer) a renewables only strategy (although in a net zero 2050 AEMO still have 15Gw of gas). When the blackouts occur (as they will) they may sober up but until then we will continue to waste droves of taxpayer money (including those with an electricity bill). Much of the spend will be "under the counter" (i.e hidden in electricity bills, curtailed renewable energy certificates, grants, frustrated/written off government debt, battery fires and replacements (Lion batteries only have 10 year life) and ignored remediation costs (i.e off shore platforms for wind turbines) -

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.92
Change
-0.020(0.40%)
Mkt cap ! $1.165B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.82 $4.95 $4.80 $1.991M 407.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 11 $4.91

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.92 6209 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.