SLX 1.55% $4.46 silex systems limited

Nuclear Power Related Media Thread, page-5359

1. 4,515 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 782
    "

“If your horizon is over next five years, maybe even the next ten years I wouldn’t worry about it,” Oracle’s founder, chairman, and chief technology officer said. “This business is just growing larger and larger and larger. There is no slowdown or shift coming.”

Ellison said there are a few large technology companies, and possibly even one country that will battle it out for AI model “technical supremacy” in the next several years. And to be competitive in the cutting-edge AI model race will not be cheap, he says.

The entry price “is around $100 billion. Let me repeat, around $100 billion. That’s over the next four, five years for anyone who wants to play in that game,” he said. “That’s a lot of money and it doesn’t get easier.”

Earlier this year in a podcast interview, Meta Platforms founder, Chairman, and CEO Mark Zuckerberg said current data centers were roughly in the order of 50 megawatts in electrical power needed, but said someday one gigawatt data centers would be built.

Ellison mentioned Oracle is currently building a 800 megawatt data center that will have “acres of Nvidia GPU clusters” that will be used to train one of the world’s largest AI models. Further, the company is already in the design phase for a data center that will require over one gigawatt of electricity.

The location and the power place we’ve located,” he said. We “already got the building permits for three nuclear reactors. These are small modular nuclear reactors to power the data center. This is how crazy it’s getting.

"
    Oracle’s Larry Ellison Sees $100 Billion AI Boom Powered by Nuclear Energy (msn.com)
    It begins

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.