SLX 0.65% $6.09 silex systems limited

I saw this post (quote below) on another thread. If only...

1. 2,475 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 286
    I saw this post (quote below) on another thread. If only Australian's and their political leaders could understand the potential for Australian Industry.

".....having spent the past decade observing the energy transition - specifically the problems that are emerging with going from high EROEI (Energy Return on Energy Investment required) to low EROEI technologies and their accompanying intermittency limitations - is that most paths will ultimately lead to nuclear power.

So I'm quite unequivocal about it at the macro level, but I haven't got round to looking for the right vehicle (ETF, futures contract, individual stock) through which to ride that attractive macro headwind.

Coincidentally, earlier this week I had a chat to an energetic analyst who is also constructively disposed to uranium and he had an interesting and unique take; he is doing work looking at the uranium enrichment part of the nuclear supply chain.

I think this has merit and is analogous with what is happening in the oil-petroleum- petrochemical chain where, due to decades of under-investment globally, there is a bottleneck at the oil refinery point, which means refiner margins will be fundamentally stronger than history.

So he is looking at that similar pinch point in the uranium enrichment sector. Trouble is, the listed uranium enrichment sector is non-existent, so the proxy he is looking at is Silex Systems (SLX) which is developing (has developed?) a proprietary methodology for enriching uranium with the application of lasers, I believe.

I've not done any work at all on the stock except briefly scan the latest presentation which looks impressive with "blue-sky" appeal (in other words, the presentation's marketing brief is working - Canadian uranium giant Cameco is partner in the project), ..........."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.09
Change
-0.040(0.65%)
Mkt cap ! $1.442B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.17 $6.24 $6.09 $2.123M 345.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 604 $6.08

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.15 1806 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.11
  Change
-0.040 ( 0.09 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.18 $6.24 $6.09 55583
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.