hmmm - I agree that the Liberals have been inept -----------...

1. 81,395 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    hmmm - I agree that the Liberals have been inept ----------- but, I really do think it was well prior to Abbott

Abbott --------- you could see it.

Before then, IMO - the massive damage was done by Howard. The difference - it couldn't be seen. Because it was what he DIDN'T do that did the damage.

One could say - oh well, that's just a matter of opinion. And ok, unless one breaks it down - yes, opinion.

But then - the evidence is what Howard came out and said in 2021 -- it went something like this 'we thought that all we had to do was to look after the spending and we'd be alright' 'we were wrong' 'times had changed and we didn't realise it'

and there it is, from the man himself. They didn't do things which they should have. His architecture of do nothing - set up Abbott and then Morrison and probably now Dutton. Basically Howard killed his dear beloved party. Unfortunately he's taken the country with it.

The tragedy of it was that if Howard had actually done things - they might have turned out ok (that's IMO, because I think that if Howard had made strategic decisions instead of ideological and political decisions, he would have been seen to be a hell of a lot better than Abbott, Morrison, Turnbull and now Dutton) But, when you got a buffoon list in his shadow - Abbott, Morrison etc. -- Oz was shafted.

Morrison actually said as good as the same thing as Howard - at least the inference was clear --------- Morrison said - the Labor party are the party of ideas, Liberals are not.

there it is again. They actually recognise it. ------------- But still, they don't come up with ideas. All they do is resist.

Then they have this weird idea that they have to clean up and refine the ideas that Labor bring in - and even weirder that they (the Morrisons etc) really do think that they do a good job and are better money managers

they are in la la land. --------------- Howard thought he was the best money manager - but, what he did was to watch the spending

that is NOT management - that's just not spending - that's not painting the house and oiling the doors or building foundations for an extension. That's just not spending.

Morrison and Abbott -------- omg.

so, in short - I agree with you about ineptness --------- where I differ is where it began.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.