BOE 2.74% $4.13 boss energy ltd

Nuclear Power, page-2

1. 840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 296
    The U.N makes the case for nuclear power so very clear in this report. A few quick grabs.
    • "Green finance ... should consider nuclear projects as part of their sustainable lending activities." (page 1)
    • "Over the past 50 years, the use of nuclear power has reduced global CO2 emissions by about...(the equivalent) of two years global emissions. Only hydropower has (done better.)" (page 4)
    • Interestingly, the U.S., a major nuclear power producer with approximate 20% of their electricity coming from nuclear, trails 13 European countries 11 of which have 30% or more of their power coming from nuclear.
    • The report considers the emerging small modular reactors (SMRs) to microreactors. (page 6)
    • Section 3.2 is a must read, which in my opinion, seriously questions the viability of wind and solar in energy intensive industries, ever.
    • The economics of nuclear power - Section 4.
    • The arbitrary 'life' of nuclear power plants is called out.
    • "The nuclear industry is responsible for less than 0.1% of the radiation that most people are exposed to in their daily lives." (page 17)

I wonder what the scientific intelligentsia of Germany are thinking as the willfully ignorant Greens of each coalition government demand the abandonment of nuclear. The economics of competing in a carbon neutral world will almost certainly change that, eventually.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.13
Change
0.110(2.74%)
Mkt cap ! $1.688B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.06 $4.16 $4.06 $19.56M 4.747M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2704 $4.12

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.14 51604 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.