BOE 2.74% $4.13 boss energy ltd

The U.N makes the case for nuclear power so very clear in this...

1. 840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 296
    The U.N makes the case for nuclear power so very clear in this report. A few quick grabs.
    • "Green finance ... should consider nuclear projects as part of their sustainable lending activities." (page 1)
    • "Over the past 50 years, the use of nuclear power has reduced global CO2 emissions by about...(the equivalent) of two years global emissions. Only hydropower has (done better.)" (page 4)
    • Interestingly, the U.S., a major nuclear power producer with approximate 20% of their electricity coming from nuclear, trails 13 European countries 11 of which have 30% or more of their power coming from nuclear.
    • The report considers the emerging small modular reactors (SMRs) to microreactors. (page 6)
    • Section 3.2 is a must read, which in my opinion, seriously questions the viability of wind and solar in energy intensive industries, ever.
    • The economics of nuclear power - Section 4.
    • The arbitrary 'life' of nuclear power plants is called out.
    • "The nuclear industry is responsible for less than 0.1% of the radiation that most people are exposed to in their daily lives." (page 17)

I wonder what the scientific intelligentsia of Germany are thinking as the willfully ignorant Greens of each coalition government demand the abandonment of nuclear. The economics of competing in a carbon neutral world will almost certainly change that, eventually.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.13
Change
0.110(2.74%)
Mkt cap ! $1.688B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.06 $4.16 $4.06 $19.56M 4.747M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2704 $4.12

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.14 51604 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.