BOE 2.03% $4.02 boss energy ltd

Nuclear Power, page-3

1. 233 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    I would consider myself an environmentalist, however the anti-nuclear green left drives me insane. At this stage, any outright dismissal of viable zero-carbon power technologies is a crime against humanity and the planet considering how close we are coming to the no-turning-back point of runaway climate change. We need to displace fossil fuels as fast as possible and as cheap as possible, and given that nuclear power can fit into the existing baseload power infrastructure whereas intermittent renewables require new grid infrastructure, we should be throwing as much money as possible into building more nuclear power stations.

I also think that it is quite possible that by the end of the century, mankind may be using nuclear power for direct-air capture and sequestration of CO2. It is basically the only zero-carbon fuel source we have that can generate energy power to achieve direct-air capture at an effective level, without us clearing half the planet for solar farms.

Also, ironically it has turned out that the feared, worst possible scenario of a chernobyl-style meltdown is actually a net positive for the environment (though of course horrifically bad for mankind). The Chernobyl exclusion zone is now the third largest wildlife refuge in Europe...you'd think nuclear catastrophe might actually be an easily sell to some of them... go figure

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.02
Change
0.080(2.03%)
Mkt cap ! $1.643B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.96 $4.03 $3.93 $10.39M 2.602M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 9008 $4.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.03 22920 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.