Nuclear technological advances ensures Australia will eventually adopt SMR nuclear power., page-43

1. 84,001 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    global permanent waste storage (probably in the desert) has a lot of huge benefits

aside from that Oz has natural benefits for it - one continent, one nation, stable politically, stable geologically, huge area etc etc -

three things for Oz stand out like beacons as a business proposition for permanent storage rental

1. it's not boom or bust business - it's constant flow income

2. there's a monster demand for it

3. the time for the idea is right - the fruit sits on the tree, ripe, sweet and an easy picking, - if desired

I'd use it as a base for an entire plan for Oz future - the main funding base, then on top of that, a sovereign fund - untouchable by politicians, funding housing, education, power, national pensions - etc etc.

whilst I think the 'drop it in a mineshaft idea' seems to be a brainfart ------- there certainly could be a solid plan made - and the world is ripe for it - right now

I think Oz could milk the world here - and also get some hefty UN subsidies to help as well ---------- it's got profit written all over it to me - and very very very low risk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.