SMM 0.00% 18.0¢ summit resources limited

re: nuclear to fuel hydrogen economy idiotic ! We all know U...

1. 1,006 Posts.
    re: nuclear to fuel hydrogen economy idiotic ! We all know U like nuclear yellowcake.

But posting this sort of article to back up your case ... well ...

Hydrogen economy .... hmmm ... let me say ... never ...
    not ever and here are few very good reasons.

What an idiotic article.

Number one is a fundamental law of science ... is that one reaction will not ever produce more energy than the other will produce. It is covered under laws regarding exothermic reactions. Writer of this piece of tripe has forgotten that it will take just as much energy to produce Hydrogen as it will produce when it is used to produce energy. That's in a perfect world.

Maybe the Author of this lives in a different universe and it does not occur there.

In fact the equation is far worse, since Hydrogen needs to be kept under pressure and very high pressure at that. The energy equation is around 200% required to produce Hydrogen as opposed to when it is utilized in a fuel cell or any other form.

It is now and will always remain a negative energy equation. More energy will always be required to produce an equivalent amount of Hydrogen.

Energy Medium ... Jesus this has to be the most idiotic concept I have ever hear presented with a straigh face in recent times. Loosing 50% straight of the bat would stop most people but there is more ......

That the US is pouring money into something any year 7 Chemistry student can tell you will always be a negative equation is beyond me.

Now I notice the idiot who wrote this rubbish did mention in passing there are some problems with storage of Hydrogen but he won't cover them .....
    why ... because they are at present impossible to get around and most probably will never be solved. It may be usuing an energy containment field of some sort but this again will use energy and currently with this planets current technology level it is not an option. Maybe the writer is from somewhere else ?

Any Year 7 chemistry student also is taught the periodic table. Number one ... Hydrogen. It has the smallest atom of any known element. The storage probable the writer obviously knew about but was unwilling to allude to is a simple one. Hydrogen leaks out of any container over time ! Even glass. Why ? because the atom being the smallest on the periodic table passes thru any substance known. So if you park you car with a full tank and come back a week later 7% of the tank is gone. It boils out of the container. Any container.

Lastly, one that they haven't even got around to adressing but suppose they will eventually, is Hydrogen stored as it must be at pressure and very high pressure to get it to become liquid is shall we say somewhat explosive when released to air and even worse a spark.
    If you have ever lit a fire with petrol, just multiply it by around 60 times and you will see the reverse of the energy required to split the atom in the first place.

Maybe this is what the US plans, controlled explosions of the order of a petrol tanker blowing up every time a fuel tank in a normal faimily car is breached. The reaction when Hyrdogen and a spark are introduced back to air is an instantaneous reversal of the first reation in an explosive manner. Hydrogen being simple can release more of the stored energy in one catestropic explosion. It is not possible to get your perol tank to blow up at once and all energy to be released in 0.1 second, it will burn and burn ... it may explode but just spreads the fire around ..... hydrogen .... boom ... and thats it. Any Hydrogen explosion I would point out will be fatal to occupants of the car without exception, depending on the tank size the blast radius could be huge. If you think Hydrogen leaking at pressure will burn the same way as say a leaking gas tank with LNG, suggest you go ask your kids chemistry teacher for an explinationas to what happens.

Sorry I take back all I said. Yes feel the USA should become the first Hydrogen economy, cant wait to see if their is a big stack in a US city ... the explosion from one car will be big enough. Just imadgine the explosion from a Hydrogen tanker ........ jeeezze

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.