ORG 0.56% $10.71 origin energy limited

Nuclear

1. 3,805 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 530
    The LNP's nuclear plan would seem to add some interesting "optionality value" for ORG with respect to Eraring site.
    Opposition Leader Dutton has proposed nuclear power stations in NSW at Lithgow and Liddell in the Hunter, but both sites would need to be acquired and pass environmental, planning and financial assessments.
    Eraring is also in the Hunter, on the power grid, has a good footprint for redevelopment, and has water.
    I wonder (subject to usual caveats about LNP becoming govt) if it will arise as a competitive option for a nuclear plant if issues arise with one or both of the other sites.
    Of course, ORG has plans for the site re batteries and renewals (and nuclear could be a distraction).
    But there has to be a scenario where Eraring's coal plant life is extended until a nuclear station is operational at one of the announced sites, or Eraring itself. That could be profitable (and keep the lights on!)
    It seems to me that (irrespective about whether you support or oppose nuclear, or consider it a good investment) that ORG's options may now be improved.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.71
Change
-0.060(0.56%)
Mkt cap ! $18.45B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.75 $10.77 $10.68 $18.10M 1.688M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10836 $10.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.71 9759 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ORG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.