ORG 0.28% $10.62 origin energy limited

Nuclear, page-4

1. 2,912 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 116
    We really should look at the US for some guidance on nuclear reactors.
    The Vogtle 3 and 4 Reactors were recently completed. More than 7 years late and US $21B over budget
    This was an expansion of an existing site.
    The output roughly 75% of the Eraring Coal Fired Power Station in Australia.
    It was the first new nuclear power station to be turned on in 7 years.
    It sent Westinghouse broke.
    Currently there are NO nuclear reactors under construction in the US.. ZIP, Zero, Nada.

In the UK there is Hinkley Point C
    Another financial disaster. It forced the French Government to step in and nationalize EDF who are building the plant.
    the ultimate cost is now estimated to be UK 46 Billion pounds and will open in 2031 many years late.

The Liberal Party used to be the party for business and economic rationalism.

I am not against nuclear power. But every reasonable body CSIRO, BNEF, Lazard etc all say nuclear power is too expensive.

Forget the Green/Global Warming/Coal/Gas Debate.

Australia needs cheap power to be a competitive and have strong economy. If this goes ahead this will damage our competitiveness for decades.

I rate the Australian Government delivering mega projects about 50% more useless than the US.

Its competition from power generators that reduces power prices.
    Waiting until 2040 to 2045 for nuclear power is a long wait for competition.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.62
Change
-0.030(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $18.29B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.78 $10.78 $10.62 $35.73M 3.352M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 8855 $10.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.63 4290 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ORG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.