NUH 0.00% 8.1¢ nuheara limited

nuh media thread, page-20

1. 2,618 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 634
    https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/11/technology-control-feelings-ces-2017/

Day Four

Mood enhancer: Nuheara IQbuds

After last night's debacle with horny robot guy, I'm not taking any chances. There's another event this evening like Unveiled, and I want to protect both my ears and my sanity. Nuheara's $299 IQbuds seem to fit the bill. They're wireless headphones that also improve your hearing through a mix of noise cancelling and speech enhancement (useful for tonight!). They can also help your mood by drowning out the world with music.

Before the dinner, I go out in the desert for the Drone Rodeo. I have hopes that being outside will help bump my PAI score on the Slice. There's only one problem: The Slice has run out of battery somewhere along the way. The claimed runtime is about five days, but I've been wearing it for one and a half at best. Of course, I don't realize this until I'm out in the desert, and I've left the charger back at the hotel. So without the judging eyes of the Mio Slice spying on my healthiness, I enjoy two of the best food truck grilled cheese sandwiches I have ever had. Thank you, Strip Chezze. Mio, not so much.

Back in Vegas proper, I turn on a dime and head out to the evening press event armed with my IQbuds. I tried them a few weeks ago back in San Francisco and liked how they worked. At the event, though, it's a different experience. The buds still work, and the voice enhancement is helpful for understanding people over the din of the background noise (and thankfully, no robot dude).

The problem is that the buds keep generating feedback noise right into my ears. When this happens, the people you're talking to can also hear it, and it's a bit distracting. I take them out for the rest of the show but continue to use them throughout the following morning. The IQbuds are effective and that feedback isn't a total buzzkill, but I'm looking forward to trying them out again once they finally hit the shelves.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NUH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.