NUH 0.00% 8.1¢ nuheara limited

nuh media thread, page-9142

1. 7,072 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1387
    my rose coloured glasses do make everything a pretty shade of pink.

clearly got my estimate of 1 to 2 months wrong. And perhaps given i have no understanding of the process and timing i shouldnt make any comments about how long i think such things will take. This is possibly a world first, and it may be something no one knows. So do take care.

There is no denying it was negative in the sense that a presumed income stream was cut off before it even started. But the possitives i took out of it were:
    . Boost was initially recognised as a product the nhs wanted to supply. It suits their objectives well.
    . Regulators rightly protected the supply of hearing aids by having a non conforming product removed from the classification. (This is likely a combination of providing a standard of health care but also protecting the billions invested in hearing aid manufacturing and distribution channels)
    . Latest news would suggest nhs still wants boosts and is creating a new category specifically for it.

To me it is important to have the differentiation of devices. For one i think it is actually hard to sell something so disproportionality priced. Consider wine and the snob effect of pricing. Sometimes people will pay more just because they assume it must be better. Secondly i think in some instances it actually removes the comparison to hearing aids. I.e. someone too stubborn to try hearings aids might be persuaded to try a hearable. I just believe in the long run it makes sense to carve out the niche and properly establish the brand in its own space. I think the nhs categorisation helps this.

and if it happens... it will be another world first!

from memory when jbe first brought this up i think i was pretty quick to come to the understanding there would be no supply of the boost until it was recategorised. I could go back through old posts, but it looks like you are doing that already so i will let you continue and you can let me know otherwise if necessary.

sorry about aggressiveness. I dont mean to be. I guess a bit too much passion combined with frustration brews into something unpleasant. I will try to temper it a bit.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NUH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.