At the risk of extending a fruitless pursuit, what questions? I...

1. 2,352 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    At the risk of extending a fruitless pursuit, what questions? I thought I answered them all with my post?

Excluding just being angry at others for not being particularly responsible 60 years ago, what alternatives are out there? This all sounded pretty plausible to me back a decade ago when it came up. For reference, I've included a link that sounds familiar to me from the SMH.

disallowed/opinion/why-we-should-build-a-nuclear-waste-dump-in-south-australia-20160222-gn0ikt.html

Setting aside the issue of payment for now, what other issues do you have with this being a viable industry? As I said I don't buy the 'thousands of years' argument for a minute because technology will provide us with better solutions in the not too distant future. Until then the waste that currently exists - and will be created between now and when a global solution is found - needs a home. What better place than at the bottom of a big shaft in Australia 100s of kms from people and the nearest fault line or tsunami zone?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.